Brooklyn Ed’s New York Burlesque Calendar - THURSDAYS
· Calamity Chang produces The Spanking of the Lower East Side at Nurse Bettie (106 Norfolk) at 10.
· Weekly burlesque and music at Duane Park (308 Bowery) at 8:30.
· Cocktails & Burlesque with Vicky Sin at the Haberdasher (5 Ninth Ave off Gansevoort St) at 10:30.
· Dottie Dynamo presents Speakeasy Burlesque at The Black Lodge (20 Prince St), at 10; reservations encouraged.
· Boy’s Night – An All-Male Cirquelesque Revue on the first Thursday with The Wiggle Room on the other Thursdays, at the Slipper Room (167 Orchard St, enter on Stanton), doors at 9:30, show at 10.
· Stache Nowak’s Midnight Fingers, a late show at the Slipper Room (167 Orchard St, enter on Stanton), doors at 11:30, show at 11:55.
· Butter Pecan Burlesque at The Parkside Lounge (317 E Houston St), at 8.
· Tallulah Talons presents The Cha Cha Show, a retro night of cocktails and variety, at a new venue launching at 40 Ave C, at 8.
· El Vez Gospel Show Redux, 18 yrs after 9-11, with Corn Mo at Mercury Lounge (217 E Houston St), doors at 9:30.
· Brown Girls Burlesque hosts The Dirty Honey Shake, at the Bedford Manor (1177 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn), at 7:30, on the third Thursday.
· Compost Bin, a RadicalAss Cabaret to deal with the World, at the Starr Bar (214 Starr St, Brooklyn), at 9, on the third Thursday.
· Holler at the Moon, at the Holler (348 Franklin Ave, Brooklyn), at 9, on the third Thursday.
· B-Train, BadAss Burlesque and Bingo at Sycamore Bar & Flowershop (1118 Courtelyou Rd, Brooklyn), bingo at 8, burlesque at 10, on the third Thursday.
· Boys’ Night: An All-Male Cirquelesque Revue! at the Slipper Room (167 Orchard St, enter on Stanton), doors at 8:30, show at 10.
• For those interested in Absinthe with a bit of live music and entertainment, Lulu Bijoux hosts the Green Fairy at the Red Room above KGB Bar (85 E. 4th St, 3rd floor), doors at 9:30, tasting at 10, normally on the first Thursday. Appropriate attire required.
· Hotsy Totsy Burlesque presents A Tribute to Stephen King at the Slipper Room (167 Orchard St, enter on Stanton), doors at 7, show at 8; normally on the second Thursday.
REMEMBER: This list is far from complete and is subject to change as schedules and venues may suddenly change. Check any links beforehand for last minute schedule changes and cover charges. I try to update this listing at the start of the week so let me know via e-mail of other shows or updates.
Updated 9 September 2019